Sunday, October 12, 2014
Re-wiring WellTec 108 pull chain ceiling fan speed switch.
Hello experts,
Ceiling fan had only two speeds: no fan when the switch is pulled to first position (which is High), then fan on high with 2nd pull, which is suppose to be Medium and then Low speed with third pull which is what it is meant to be.
When opening the box I noticed that gray wire (High/3) was disconnected.
Unfortunately I did not write down or took a picture before disconnecting but the purple wire (#2 speed) was connected to one of the two RED wires connected with an orange wire nut. One red wire is coming from the transformer, the other one is connected with factory wire nut to some other wires going up to the motor (first pic). The red wire on the right side of the first pic is the light.
I don't remember what the brown wire as wired to :wall:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment